Thursday 22 September 2011

Chimay Brewery Blue

If I had to sum up this beer with a phrase, I think I would say that it is to beer what Jack Daniel's is to whiskey. It's somewhat on the bitter side and no matter how drunk you get you can still taste it's distinctive flavor - and yet it's extremely easy to drink. This beer is 9% alcohol by volume and on the darker side. This beer is really difficult for me to describe, but I still stand by my JD comparison. This thing really has a unique taste and has that mild 'burning' sensation in your throat, but without being too strong to handle. I think it would really suit a winter evening after a long day outside in the cold and snow, it sort of has that feeling that it warms me up. I do like this, and I think it'll be something that I'll drink more as the weather turns colder. Try this if you like strong beers or something that you can still taste after you're already drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment